Saturday, December 28, 2013

Recent Makeup Haul

I bought Maybelline's Fit Me foundation a couple of days ago and so far I absolutely love it!! I apply it with an Elf powder brush (pictured above), and it goes on so nicely. The foundation looks amazing by itself, great for a simple look. It gives high coverage, the coverage would probably vary if you were to use your fingers, a sponge or something else! I'm just honestly in love with foundation. I needed to get a new one because my skin has been so dry and I wasn't liking how my L'oreal Lumi foundation looked on me. I give this foundation an 11 out of 10! It comes in a whole bunch of shades and is only $6.99 at Target. I was going to purchase Nars Sheer Glow foundation because someone recommended it to me but I might just pass on that because this is so amazing.
Lip products are my favorite but I'm pretty disappointed in this Tarte lipgloss set I bought from Ulta. So far, I've tried four different glosses and they haven't been pigmented. My mom did try one color on and the color showed up really nicely so maybe there is hope! I do love the clutch that came with it. Originally this set was $32 but I got it on sale for $22. 
Ulta was having an amazing buy one get one 50% off sale on a whole bunch of drugstore brands including Nyx! I really love that brand. I bought my mom a small eyeshadow palette by Nyx so I bought myself a Jumbo Eye Pencil in White. I was watching someone's YouTube video and they recommended this product for brightening your eyes up! I've put some under my eyes and blended it in, which can be a little messy due to concealer and foundation being under it. Despite that, I wasn't disappointed in it. Nyx has always succeeded to impress me.
I bought some High Definition Translucent powder by Elf and I really wish I didn't. When I put some on, it looked like there was flour on my face. Sadly, I tend not to think before I do stuff and I threw the package away when I opened it so now I can't return it.
Last but not least, I purchased two Elf brushes. The first one is the Elf powder brush, It is so freakin' amazing! I use it to apply liquid foundation and it works soo good. You don't even need to use a lot of foundation either considering it is a big brush and meant for powder. I also got a contour brush by Elf, which I'm going to use for my Nars Illuminator when it arrives! Each brush was $3

No comments:

Post a Comment