Monday, November 25, 2013

Favorite Red Lipsticks

Red is one of my favorites colors, but my one and only favorite lip color! I have fair skin, most of the lipstick colors I like look better on darker skin. Luckily, red looks great on everyone!

My first favorite is L'Oreal's Lip Lacquer in 'Endless Red'. I prefer matte lipsticks but this is too gorgeous to deny. It has a beautiful shine to it they will catch everyone's eye! I also love the container it's in, the lipstick or lip lacquer is easy to apply and long lasting. You can purchase it for $10 at any store near you that carries drugstore makeup.

My second favorite is Nyx's matte lip cream in 'Amsterdam', its perfect! This was the first lip product I ever purchased that I fell in love with. The only con is it doesn't apply evenly, I usually have to fix it with concealer afterwards. It smells great and doesn't taste bad if you happen to get some in your mouth. It goes on smooth and dries afterwards. This lip cream comes in ten other colors. I would also recommend it in 'Addis Ababa' (pink shade). You can purchase this for $6 at Ulta. FYI, Target has started carrying Nyx products but they do not sell this particular shade! It is also cruelty free!

Next is Mac's 'Russian Red' Matte lipstick! It's very long lasting and also very pigmented. This shade will definitely stain your lips so it is a must that you apply some lip balm before hand, which you always should anyways. It's a beautiful bright red hue that will look gorgeous on anyone and everyone! If red is your signature lip color, this is a must to buy! You can purchase this at Mac for $15 or any other retailers that carry their brand.

I absolutely love Lime Crime's Velvetines! My favorite shade is Suedeberry. It is applied like a gloss and dries to a perfect matte finish. Suedeberry is a beautiful strawberry red, in my opinion it looks as if it has just the smallest tint of orange to it. The other red shade in Velvetines is Red Velvet, it's a gorgeous deep red. This brand is cruelty free.

Last but not least, is Nars Semi Matte Lipstick in 'Red Lizard'. Just like Mac's 'Russian Red', it is pigmented and long lasting! It's a deep and true red. Your lips will have to be perfectly smooth before applying this or it won't look too great. You can purchase at Sephora for $26. Be careful this is a very bold color!

No comments:

Post a Comment